Answered

Beam - There was a problem adding Alexa

• 1 September 2019
  • 4 replies

I've been using my Sonos Beam with Alexa for months with zero issues. Today I had the brilliant idea to play a new album I bought from Google Play and found that the only way to do it was to link my Beam to Google Assistant. Part way through the setup, I saw the notice that everybody in the house would be able to access my Google account info, just by asking - YUCK, no thanks - so I canceled connecting to Google Assistant. Now, I can't get Alexa back. My microphone doesn't light up, and my Alexa app shows the device as offline. I tried several times to add Alexa back, but every time I tap to sign in to Amazon, I get a spinner for a second, then the message "! There was a problem adding Alexa - Try again or Not now". I followed all the advice I found searching online: disable skill in Alexa app, remove devices, reset Beam, and start all over, but I'm still stuck at "There was a problem adding Alexa" and getting more and more frustrated by the minute.
icon

Best answer by KimP 1 September 2019, 03:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Assuming you have reinstalled the Sonos Skill in the Amazon Alexa App and scanned for your devices and then ensured there are no duplicates in the devices list, I would simply power off the speaker for a minute or so. Then bring it back online and try again from the Room Settings in the Sonos App to add the Alexa voice service.

Hopefully powering off the speaker will sort out the issue.
Just to further add that if you have previously factory reset the speaker, I would firstly also remove/deregister the device that is now showing 'offline' in the Alexa App too.
Got it fixed - uninstalled and reinstalled Sonos mobile app.
Ah that’s good to hear KimP. Glad you got it fixed.