Audacy not working when using Alexa command

• 27 June 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

As the title states when I try to play an Audacy station using Alexa through Sonos nothing plays. This has just started happening. It used to work but something has changed. I did remove the Audacy service from the Sonos app and I reinstalled it. I also disabled and re-enabled the Audacy skill in the Alexa app. I can get Audacy to work through the Sonos app but when I wake up in the morning it was convenient to just tell Alexa to play my news station. Audacy does work on 2 of my Amazon Echos but not on my Sonos Ones or through my Sonos Arc. Any help would be appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the Sonos skill in the Alexa app? You can also try unplugging your Sonos speakers from power for about a minute and rebooting your router.

Badge

Have you tried disabling and re-enabling the Sonos skill in the Alexa app? You can also try unplugging your Sonos speakers from power for about a minute and rebooting your router.

I tried that and still no joy. When I give the command Alexa responds with “playing 1010wins from Audacy” but nothing plays. This happens on all my Sonos devices but my Amazon devices work fine. Just to clarify all other Alexa voice commands on my Sonos devices work fine, it’s just Audacy that’s giving me an issue.

I can’t offer a solution but I can add that the exact same thing started happening with KYW (an Audacy station) in Philadelphia.  Suddenly started about 10 days ago.  

Badge

I can’t offer a solution but I can add that the exact same thing started happening with KYW (an Audacy station) in Philadelphia.  Suddenly started about 10 days ago.  

I seems all Audacy stations are borked. The stations work through the Sonos app but not when you ask Alexa🤬

Let’s hope this gets sorted out.  I hate to have to buy another Amazon Echo to satisfy my morning radio ritual.

Badge

Let’s hope this gets sorted out.  I hate to have to buy another Amazon Echo to satisfy my morning radio ritual.

Much to my delight and surprise when I woke up this morning and asked Sonos through Alexa to play my morning news station it worked. Hopefully this is not a temporary.

Great news, working in Philly as well.