Question

Alexa Spotify App Support Unavailable

• 20 February 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge
Loving my new stereo pair of Sonos One’s. I can’t quite get Spotify working correctly. The account is linked to Alexa. I can request albums or songs or shuffled artist and they all play from Spotify. However, I can’t get my playlists to play. Alexa says she can’t find them. And in the Alexa app under Spotify it says App Support Unavailable. I really hope I can get this working. I am an Apple Music user and really only subscribed to Spotify for to use with Alexa until Airplay or Siri is partnered with the One. Thanks for any suggestions.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Are these local Playlists or Spotify Playlists? Local won't work via voice control but Spotify playlists work with the following command syntax - 'Alexa, Play piano chill Playlist' (You must include the word Playlist for this to work). Can you please test this command.
Badge
I'm trying to play playlists I've created. Is that local? Is that what you are saying doesn't work? Because I was able to play these playlists the first couple of days I had the Ones. Sunday everything got messed up and I couldn't get anything to work. So, I did a factory reset on the Ones and now everything works except Spotify playlists I've created. For instance, I have a playlist called JB 6. On first setup I was able to get this to play with the command "Alexa, shuffle playlist JB 6" and it worked perfectly. Now Alexa says she can't find that playlist. She plays Spotify curated playlists with no problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can you please Disable the Sonos skill in the Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills>Sonos and then Enable again. Please retest.

FYI - As a reference for the future a factory reset shouldn't be necessary. The steps I've listed in the Answer to this post list the steps to take to reset Alexa and Sonos without losing your Sonos settings.

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126/index1.html#post16201009
Badge
So, it's working now. I have disabled the Sonos skill a number of times. Probably 15 or 20 times prior to today. And I did it 4 more times today and the last time it worked. I had also unlinked and reinstalled spotify a bunch of times but did not do this again today. Interestingly, when I disabled Sonos and then enabled it again today an extra speaker was showing up called unnamed room. After several attempts and Spotify still wasn't working exactly right, I disabled this extra speaker and everything is currently working perfectly. Thank you for the help UK Media.
Hi guys. I am having the same issue. My custom Spotify playlists are ‘not found in music library’ by Alexa on my Sonos Ones. She finds Spotify curated as above. UKmedia, you said it wasn’t possible initially yet chad says it works. I have unset and reset in Alexa app as advised but I still can’t get to work.

Does anyone have a definitive it works or not, and if it does.... heeelllpppppp!!

Loving the Sonos One other than this wrinkle :)

Fredster1978
Badge
Fredster, I’m still no expert but mine has continued to work perfectly since the date of the above post. I am currently listening to an Oasis playlist I created in Spotify called Oasis Best and started it by saying “Alexa, shuffle playlist Oasis Best.” She has trouble finding individual albums on Spotify occasionally but works for the most part. My only recommendation would be to make sure Spotify is chosen as the preferred music source in settings. If so, just disable and and enable your Sonos in the Alexa app until it works. I tried a good 15, 20 maybe 30 times before it worked but I’ve had no issues since. I think when it finally worked I may have even disabled and left the house for a bit and was not on the wi-fi for a while before trying again.