Question

Alexa skill is enabled but Alexa tells me it’s not

• 2 December 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone -

I can NOT figure this out. I had everything working great with Sonos and my Echo dot. Today I added a WeMo switch and now I can’t get Sonos working again. Even though I have the Sonos skill enabled, when I ask Alexa to play Sonos it tells me “Hmmm...to do that please go enable the Sonos skill”

What’s weird is if I have Sonos playing, the sound “ducks” while it tells me it’s not enabled.

I’ve tried disabling and re-enabling the skill twice. No dice. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Jferru1. Welcome to the community and thanks for flagging this issue with us. I actually posted an article recently that is intended to tackle issues such as the one as you are having. Please feel free to let me know if this does not help you in any way.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi everyone -

I can NOT figure this out. I had everything working great with Sonos and my Echo dot. Today I added a WeMo switch and now I can’t get Sonos working again. Even though I have the Sonos skill enabled, when I ask Alexa to play Sonos it tells me “Hmmm...to do that please go enable the Sonos skill”

What’s weird is if I have Sonos playing, the sound “ducks” while it tells me it’s not enabled.

I’ve tried disabling and re-enabling the skill twice. No dice. Any ideas?

Hi

Not sure if your problem was fixed by Edwards post? If not, can you also check in the Alexa App>Smart Home>Devices that you don't have any duplicate names across devices?