Alexa control for Connect or Connect:Amp

• 11 October 2017
  • 8 replies

I'm setting up a whole home system and looking to use Amazon Alexa app to control my Sonos system. But I'm not seeing that the Sonos Connects are controllable thru the Alexa app. Can someone please confirm that I will be able to control my in ceiling speakers with Alexa thru the Connect or Connect:Amp?

I currently own some Play:1s and have updated to be able to control this thru Alexa.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how they setup their multiroom home audio system using architectural speakers?
For instance, I'm looking for suggestions on a 5.1 surround A/V Receiver that will wake through a Sonos Connect.

Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi, I can confirm for you that the same Alexa control available for the PLAY:1 will work for the CONNECT and or the CONNECT:AMP. As far as Amazon Alexa is concerned, they're both just Sonos players and it doesn't really make any distinctions between the types.
same experience! Everything controllable and working excellent, even the Connect does it, but Sonos Connect:AMP does not! Actually using ALEXA successful for Connect, Play:1, Play:5 (second Gen.), Soundbars and Subs and would appreciate to include my Connect:AMP as well. Any suggestion how to solve this?
same experience! Everything controllable and working excellent, even the Connect does it, but Sonos Connect:AMP does not! Actually using ALEXA successful for Connect, Play:1, Play:5 (second Gen.), Soundbars and Subs and would appreciate to include my Connect:AMP as well. Any suggestion how to solve this?

Make sure your Connect:Amp is discovered by the Alexa app and make sure the name of the Connect:Amp is unique from all other smart devices found.
Im having the same issues. Alexa found my Plays and Connect but not Connect:Amp. Its on the same subnet so can't be networking and Ive also made sure its a unique name, as well as renaming the zone to something completely different (and multiple reboots on all), but no joy. Understand that Alexa shouldnt care about the model but can somebody confirm they have a Connect:Amp discovered by Alexa?

thanks
Alexa has been controlling my Connect:Amp -> QUAD ESL-63s just fine here since Oct 4th.
Thanks for the reply - have just got it working after a few days of frustration. if it helps anyone else I unplugged both dots, rebooted all zones and then use Alexa on the web to discover devices (I dont know how it could discover devices with the Dots (only Alexa devices) off but then the Connect:Amp showed up! Plugged Dots in and working as expected. just nobody touch it 😃
Good morning ,
The alexia, can control the Sonos connect amp?
Yes, if you are in a country where Sonos has released the Alexa integration. US/UK/Germany for sure that I know of.