Answered

Alexa announcements not working from routines

• 1 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Alexa announcements generated from Alexa routines does not work on my Sonos One (2nd Gen). Although, it does work from voice activated commands.

This was a previous tropic, but that topic was closed, and no resolutions were provided. So, I’m re-opening this issue and, hopefully, Sonos will respond and resolve.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 August 2021, 11:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jorf 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I tried to setup an announcement as part of an Alexa routine on my own Sonos system, and nothing happened. A manual announcement from the Alexa app did work, as will voice announcements.

My colleague was able to get an announcement from a routine working, but only if he included an action (like turn on a light) or a second announcement in the same routine. I was unable to reproduce this.

Clearly, something unusual is going on which we will investigate. Thanks for letting us know.

I use the announcements in many of my Alexa routines, so I appreciate it that you are looking into this problem.