Answered

works with sonos

• 18 January 2024
  • 3 replies

I have an onkyo tx-rz830 and a connect. Trying to set the volume to pass through and it doesn’t control the onkyo volume / it acts as fixed on the preset level through the speakers. 

how do I set up the s1 app to control the onkyo volume? Is it the turn on volume? Preset volume? 

thanks

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 18 January 2024, 01:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Maybe see if this video will assist you…

Thanks for the quick reply. I did watch that and follow the steps. My set up is slightly different - using coax be rca and I only want it in zone 2 of the Reciever so I have the output set to zone 2. With the volume when in pass through I can have it at 0 or max and it plays the same through the zone 2 speakers… 

I would have expected the line-out level "pass-through" volume setting in the Sonos App ‘Connect’ settings to work - have you checked to see if there are any updates for your Onkyo Receiver?

If no updates, I would give the Onkyo support desk a call, or you could reproduce the issue and then immediately submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.