Answered

Wifi is on another network than my content

• 24 October 2022
  • 3 replies

My content (movies, TV shows etc.) is on a wired network and my wifi is on another network.  If I buy the surrounds or the sub (I have a Beam Gen 2 coming), will this setup work properly so I can get the full experience of the Sonos system?  BTW, I have a Samsung Smart TV with ATMOS that will be served through the eARC port on the TV and my Android phone will be on the same network as the Sonos speakers.

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 24 October 2022, 14:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi.  I’m not sure what you mean by having content on a separate wired network, or why you would set it up like that.  So you have two routers, one with only wired connections, and another router with only wireless connnections????.

Please clarify.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

And also your TV wil access the content and realy only the sound to the Beam. In this respect it is not a Sonos question.

Yes I have VLANs on a wired network (with my content) and wifi is on another network so I just wanted to make sure my content will be able to play in ATMOS etc.  It seems like it will if it’s not a Sonos question as 106rallye states.  Just wanted to make sure before i bought the surrounds.