Using Apple AirPort Express with Sonos Connect:Amp

• 27 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Bonjour à toutes et tous 

j ai un AirPort Express Apple que je voudrais brancher sur 2 sonos connect amp simultanément via un y de l airport vers les rca des 2 sonos connect amp 

vais je avoir le même son en meme temps sur les 2 amp connect sans echo c est pour mettre dans un jardin donc au même endroit 

Moderation edit: Translated using Google Translate

Hello all

I have an Apple AirPort Express that I would like to connect to 2 Sonos Connect amps simultaneously via a Y from the airport to the RCAs of the 2 Sonos Connect amps
will I have the same sound at the same time on the 2 amps connected without echo it is to put in a garden therefore in the same place

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @juju91700, welcome back!

Short answer is yes, but with no guarantees as the volume may be low due to the signal being split in two.
I am assuming you want to Airplay to the AirPort and have both Connect:Amps play in your garden? I think you will be better off connecting the AirPort to one Connect:Amp and then grouping the two Connect:Amps together via the Sonos App.
This will also free up one input for a CD player, turntable or similar on the second Connect:Amp, should you need it.
I should mention that there will be a delay of at least 75ms at the Connect:Amp's input, but if only Sonos is playing then all will be in sync. If any other device is playing the same stream before it reaches AirPort, Sonos will be out of sync with whatever that device is.

I hope this helps.

Translation by Google Translate:

Bonjour @juju91700, bon retour !

La réponse courte est oui, mais sans garantie car le volume peut être faible en raison de la division du signal en deux.
Je suppose que vous souhaitez diffuser AirPlay sur l'AirPort et faire jouer les deux Connect:Amps dans votre jardin ? Je pense qu'il serait préférable de connecter l'AirPort à un Connect:Amp, puis de regrouper les deux Connect:Amps via l'application Sonos.
Cela libérera également une entrée pour un lecteur CD, une platine vinyle ou similaire sur le deuxième Connect:Amp, si vous en avez besoin.
Je dois mentionner qu'il y aura un retard d'au moins 75 ms à l'entrée du Connect:Amp, mais si seul Sonos joue, tout sera synchronisé. Si un autre appareil lit le même flux avant qu'il n'atteigne AirPort, Sonos sera désynchronisé avec cet appareil.

J'espère que ça aide.

Merci pour votre retour 

si je met 2 connect amp avec 2 AirPort Express simultanément je n aurais pas d écho pensez vous 

ou alors 1  object amp avec 4 haut parleurs en 8 ohm est ce possible ?

merci 

Moderation edit: Translated using Google Translate

Thanks for your feedback

if I put 2 connect amps with 2 AirPort Express simultaneously I would not have an echo do you think?

or 1 object amp with 4 8 ohm speakers is this possible?

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @juju91700, thank you for the swift reply.

I am slightly confused with your current setup. I understand that you have two Sonos Connect:Amps with speakers wired to your garden.

Using Airplay to two AirPorts and sending both to two line-ins of your Sonos Connect:Amps cannot guarantee playing in sync, as that way Sonos is not in charge of synchronisation.

Using Airplay to one AirPort and sending to one line-in Sonos Connect:Amp, while having that Sonos Connect:Amp grouped with your secondary Sonos Connect:Amp via the Sonos App, should have the output in sync.

A single Sonos Connect:Amp with 4 x 8 ohm speakers is possible, see Support Article Connect four speakers to your Amp or Connect:Amp, although you won’t be able to individually control the two pairs of speakers as they would be considered as one room in the Sonos App.

I hope this helps.

Translation by Google Translate:

Salut @juju91700, merci pour la réponse rapide.

Je suis légèrement confus avec votre configuration actuelle. Je comprends que vous disposez de deux Sonos Connect:Amps avec haut-parleurs connectés à votre jardin.

Utiliser Airplay sur deux AirPorts et envoyer les deux à deux entrées de ligne de votre Sonos Connect:Amps ne peut pas garantir une lecture synchronisée, car de cette façon, Sonos n'est pas en charge de la synchronisation.

L'utilisation d'Airplay sur un AirPort et l'envoi à une entrée de ligne Sonos Connect:Amp, tout en regroupant ce Sonos Connect:Amp avec votre Sonos Connect:Amp secondaire via l'application Sonos, devraient avoir la sortie synchronisée.

Un seul Sonos Connect:Amp avec des haut-parleurs 4 x 8 ohms est possible, voir l'article d'assistance Connectez quatre haut-parleurs à votre Amp ou Connect:Amp, bien que vous ne puissiez pas contrôler individuellement les deux paires d'enceintes car elles seraient considérées comme une pièce dans l'application Sonos.

J'espère que ça aide.