Answered

Running S1 & S2 together

• 25 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I got Move for Christmas. My existing system is on S1. Only one speaker (Gen1 Play 5) needs S1 but I use it grouped with another speaker. 

I want to set up the Move only on the S2 and keep my existing system separate. I just can’t seem to get S2 and the move up and running. I’ve tried adding the Move alone but it not pairing with I hit the rear connect button. 

Any ideas? TIA

icon

Best answer by buzz 25 December 2022, 19:39

View original

4 replies

As you setup the S2 system, power down all of the S1 units. At this point you may have flustered controllers caught in a twilight zone between S1 and S2. Uninstalling and reinstalling the controller will exit the twilight zone. Keep the “other” system powered down while you install a controller. You only need to go though this mess once. Note that the controllers don’t store anything critical. Playlists and music service registrations are stored in the players or music services.

Badge +2

I’ll try that. I didn’t mean to mark it as the best answer but thanks for taking the time to reply 

@Mascot Dec85 

One note: As you reinstall the controllers take care not to install a new system, you want to control an existing system. It’s a bit too easy to click on the wrong option at this point.

Badge +2

I got the 2 systems running, thanks a million 👍🏻