Presets/Scenes

• 19 November 2020
  • 14 replies

Okay, I’ve read numerous suggestions over the years to establish presets or scenes so you can, worh minimal effort, reset your system to play certain configurations (volumes, locations, etc.).   But they are always closed with no resolution.  This is an EASY feature.  Why does Sonia continue to ignore its best clients?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

It may not be as easy a feature in the Sonos code base as you think it is. I’m not familiar with their code, so I don’t know one way or the other. But if it was ‘easy’ as you suggest, my suspicion is it would have already been done. 

I agree have saved preset scenes with groups, volume, and playlists would be amazing and long overdue. I’m not a programmer but I would think if I can click on a series of buttons on the app to do this manually that they could figure out a way to add scenes that do this for you each time I select it. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi yes a basic feature of different room collections would be ideal to start with. At the moment one speaker can only be in one group, it’s a big limitation. 

Hi yes a basic feature of different room collections would be ideal to start with. At the moment one speaker can only be in one group, it’s a big limitation. 

Just for info...you actually can have the same speaker saved in different controller groups.. goto ‘Settings/System/Groups’ in the App to create a Household controller group.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Just for info...you actually can have the same speaker saved in different controller groups.. goto ‘Settings/System/Groups’ in the App to create a controller group.

Hi I cannot see Groups in Settings/System in Android S1 app nor in the Mac desktop S1 controller 

Hi I cannot see Groups in Settings/System in Android S1 app nor in the Mac desktop S1 controller 

Scroll down, it’s under “System Settings” below the Rooms list. 

I don’t think @drsrjones is actually referring to Sonos groups, but Sonos rooms?  In other words, user wants the ability to move a sub between two different rooms quickly, for example.  That request is actually a bit different than the asking to have certain default volumes, etc for preset groups of Sonos rooms.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I don’t see it.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I don’t think @drsrjones is actually referring to Sonos groups, but Sonos rooms?  In other words, user wants the ability to move a sub between two different rooms quickly, for example.  That request is actually a bit different than the asking to have certain default volumes, etc for preset groups of Sonos rooms.

Hi, no, I want to be able to put one room in more than one group.

That’s an S1 controller. Saved/named groups are only available in S2.

I don’t see it.

Got me stumped.  

A room could be in more than one saved group, if you had S2.

If you mean a room being in more than one group at the same time, that would be nonsensical.

I don’t see it.

Got me stumped.  

They must be using S1 controller - it’s only in the S2 App, I believe.

edit: ...oops ratty beat me to it - I stopped to slurp my cup of coffee.

Userlevel 1
Badge

A room could be in more than one saved group, if you had S2.

If you mean a room being in more than one group at the same time, that would be nonsensical.

thank you..
I have non-S2-compatible equipment, hopeless 
:face_palm_tone1: