Skip to main content

Intermittent connection with new APP

• 28 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi - I have a simple Play 3 Speaker that was working just fine until the recent updates of Sonos APP

I just have no better words but saying it works when it wants!!

On a good day, I can use the app to switch on the device, select and reproduce what I want from Spotify Premium … after a while it keeps running with the app not seeing the system any longer … then they reconnect and so on …

On a bad day, to listen to music I must ask my wife to sing me something !!

I just spent an hour with a nice lady trying to help me: she made uninstall and reinstall the app; all worked fine ten minutes and then same story.

Called the support number; was told I had 10 minutes wait time … been on for an hour now and losing hope.

Not great experience, sorry to say!

Have a good weekend 

2 replies

I use Sonos as a surround for my tv and lately when I try to adjust any speakers the app seams disconnected and some settings don't even show up. Did they really use this new app before rolling it out? The only way I can get it to work is reboot my phone and even that doesn't work all the time.

App continues to intermittently say no products detected. I have 7 sonos speakers that work fine when app decides to function correctly. I had no issues until lately. No time for excuses-fix the app.  Call me Sonos, I am not waiting on your helplines!