Answered

home theater zone/room - can i add a One for music also?

• 27 October 2023
  • 3 replies

hi all, we have sonos ecosystem currently and looking to add some more.  i’m looking to setup a beam and 2 era 100s in our living room  as a home theater setting, but id also like to add one or two of our One speakers to the beam and eras for music only around the house.  Is this possible?  do i need to create separate “rooms”  for music and for home theater? or some other way to set this up?   ideally i’d like the whole house to be able to play music as a room, but then toggle (or automatically switch) the home theater speakers for TV viewing.  I cant find anything in the forums about setting up multiples with the same speakers.

icon

Best answer by jgatie 27 October 2023, 21:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You would set them up as two separate rooms.  You can group them together for music or play each separately.  You should enable “Ungroup on Autoplay” in the Beam room settings to automatically switch to just the Beam/surrounds for TV. 

Thanks! Will I need to ungroup every time I switch between music and TV or does the software just figure it all out.  I assume the latter?

Thanks! Will I need to ungroup every time I switch between music and TV or does the software just figure it all out.  I assume the latter?

If you set the “Ungroup on Autoplay” to on, it will automatically ungroup when you turn on the TV.  You will have to manually regroup though, regrouping is not automatic.