Question

wrong email address and it won’t let me changes anything

• 28 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello,

All of a sudden my Sonos speaker was no longer logged in on my iPhone app nor computer. (It is not possible to log in from neither my iPhone nor my Mac in the Sonos app can you get to Settings or Preferences when you're not signed in. The only option other than to sign in is "more options" leading to add a boost or bridge, about my sonos system, submit support, reset controller, or view sonos help.) 

When I go to login it says "Enter the account information for g***9@hotmail.com" which is nothing like my email and when I login with my account info it says, "Sign in with the account used to set up Sonos". I've never had to do this before and the guy who installed it has been gone for two years. I reset my password and tried to follow the instructions below on both my phone and my computer but there is no option that says "I don't have access to this email" on either of those. I updated all my software. Still not there. Please help.

HELP TOPIC
I don’t recognize the email that is displayed. Can I change the email? 
Yes. If someone else installed your Sonos system, it may be registered to their email address. You can change the email by tapping on “I don’t have access to this email.” This will allow you to enter in a new email address that you have access to. Your Sonos products will be registered to the new email that you’ve entered

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
  2. From the Settings tab, tap System.
  3. Tap Transfer System Ownership and follow the prompts.