Answered

Wireless Play 1 + Wireless Sub get thrown offline when sitting together

• 18 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I set my Left Play 1 (wireless) on top of my Sub (wireless).  They are part of my home entertainment system that also includes a Right Play 1 (wireless) and Playbar (ethernet).  

The Left Play 1 and Sub sitting together will work for a short period of time and then they go offline / not connected in the app.  In the past, I had alot of separation between the two and they worked fine.  Also, the Right Play 1 and Playbar stay online without issue.   Therefore, I have to assume that because I have the Left Play 1 sitting on top of the Sub, they are too close together and causing them to go offline. 

I really like the Left Play 1 sitting on the Sub in my new smaller space.  Is there a solution to keep them from interfering with one another?   Or do I need to move them further apart and if so, how much distance is required?  

(Note, I’m not able to ethernet either one in my current set up, both would have to stay wireless).

Thanks for any advice! 

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 19 February 2024, 00:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Too close is often a problem with WiFi, often 2 to 3 feet is enough.

Don’t know that it will work but you could try an Ethernet cable between the Play 1 and Sub then see if you can disable the WiFi (actually the whole radio) in the Sub.

Badge

Thanks!   I decided to just move the Play 1 off the Sub so they no longer interfere with each other.  Appreciate the suggestion of ~3 feet so I didn’t have to test and guess.  Works fine now.  

I didn’t have an extra ethernet cable on hand to try the Sub to Play 1 option idea but if/when I do, I’ll let you know if it worked. 

Thanks again!