Wire up.the Sony str-z1000es

• 27 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
  • Chromatic Producer II
  • 58 replies

I just found out that Sony has a new receiver that works with Sonos. My question is how to wire the video and audio. I see there are 6 video inputs some 4k and some 8k. So if I plug 4k into 8k is the video going to work ok? Then we move to audio do you just plug the sonos hdmi into the reciver and get your audio. Some questions may be silly but I sure don’t want to spend a $1000 and the system not work.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

...I see there are 6 video inputs some 4k and some 8k. So if I plug 4k into 8k is the video going to work ok?

Yes. You can plug a 4K source into an 8K input. Not all inputs on this unit can accept an 8K signal, they are marked to help you identify which port to use based on the device you’re going to connect.

...Then we move to audio do you just plug the sonos hdmi into the reciver and get your audio. Some questions may be silly but I sure don’t want to spend a $1000 and the system not work.

There are only two Sonos devices capable of integrating with the “Works With Sonos” feature of this AV Receiver, the older Connect and the newer Port. Neither of these devices connect with HDMI. You may choose between analog stereo wiring or digital coaxial or optical wiring.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Thank you for confirming what I uncovered.  I did some checking after I wrote my article and discovered I’d need to buy additional components and I thought what a waste so I quickly abandoned that idearer!