Water proof buttons to control volume of latest gen Sonos Amp

• 19 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello,

Anyone know of a physical waterproof push button interface that can control volume of a latest gen Sonos amp?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @User125817 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I assume this is for a swimming pool?

The only devices I can think of would be any Android phone/tablet or iPhone/iPad - they have waterproof ratings and the hardware volume controls can control the volume of Sonos speakers.

A voice assistant may be a better idea - an Echo Dot could be added, set up as being in the same Alexa room as the Amp, and the Amp set to be the default output device for the Echo.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The CR100 was so perfect for this, may it RIP.

I think there are a lot of options if ‘waterproof’ means that you operate it with wet hands vs  submerge it underwater.  Todays phones can handle some water, especially with a good case.  You could also use remotes from lutron or ikea without worry about them being damaged by water.  You could also get an Alexa remote to go with an Echo as @Corry P Corry suggested.  Or, connect the Amp to a TV and use the TV remote for volume.  In all of these cases, the remote is relatively cheap and easy to replace if the fail.

If you are going to go with a voice control option, there are echo dots.  Although these are not designed to be used outdoors, they hold up pretty well and are cheap to replace.  You could also use a Sonos Roam with Alexa or Sonos Voice Control, which can be fully submerged in water.

Hi,

Hope so you’re doing fine, if you have specific requirements or preferences, you may explore creating a custom solution. This could involve designing a waterproof enclosure with integrated push buttons or volume controls that connect to the Sonos Amp. However, this option would likely require technical expertise or professional assistance to develop a functional and waterproof solution.

Hope so this will help you!

Regards,

Bryce June