Question

Watchguard Firewall configuration

• 7 January 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi,

My home network sits behind a Watchguard hardware Firewall (an XTM25).

I have a Connect Amp that I want to use with Spotify and TuneInRadio. Following setup the device is not making itself available in Spotify and I am seeing the Watchguard deny a lot of traffic from the Connect Amp. Being a bit lazy as have done minimal investigation. But could anyone offer some advice as to the configuration changes I need to make to the Watchguard?

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Most of the traffic that Sonos uses is HTTP (TCP 80) or HTTPS (TCP 443) to the various music services, and even things like Sonos' cloud control I believe rides over a persistent HTTPS connection.

What I would do is look at the list of ports that Sonos uses (scroll down past the firewall selection boxes for the list) and see if you see any of those ports in your blocked traffic logs on your Watchguard. Open/forward what you need to, but don't just simply open everything. Many of those ports are only needed within a LAN but not from the internet.