Question

VPN

• 26 July 2017
  • 4 replies

How do I connect to a VPN. I use Keezel as a upload VPN device. Sonos will not connect to it.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Sonos devices aren't able to directly connect to a VPN themselves. You could connect Sonos to a router that could make a VPN connection (some routers, but not all, are able to do this), but then everything connected to that router would be able to use the VPN, not just Sonos.
Thanks
Sonos devices aren't able to directly connect to a VPN themselves. You could connect Sonos to a router that could make a VPN connection (some routers, but not all, are able to do this), but then everything connected to that router would be able to use the VPN, not just Sonos.
I think I get it ..... create the tunnel at the Router instead of a single device i.e. iPhone. I thought the Sonos Play was being fed data from the device with the app on it, not so. The Play is a stand-alone networking device as in Internet of Things and it does not support VPN itself. The App just acts as a control interface. Thank you ... light bulb goes on !