Answered

Vinyl to Sonos Beam

• 29 September 2022
  • 3 replies

I have been banging my head on this for quite a while now. I need to connect my Vinyl player to the Sonos Beam, which is also connected to the TV.

I found this scheme on another thread 

Beam ← HDMI/optical ← optical switch ← TV

← ADC ← preamp (if reqd) ← turntable

The thread is:

I have an analog to digital converter that can take the player output into optical.

I also have an optical switch, which I could use to switch between player optical output and TV optical output. The thing I haven’t considered from that shceme is how to connect optical SPDIF to the Beam HDMI. It tells “HDMI/optical” but I haven’t found any such adapter/converter.

Any help understanding how to do it, or any other solution proposal would be highly appreciated.

Thanks  

icon

Best answer by furacaopr 29 September 2022, 19:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

It comes included with the Beam Gen2 and, alternatively, you can buy it from Sonos:

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/optical-audio-adapter

Thanks a lot, wonder why I haven’t found it anywhere 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I remember reading here that the output from a converter did not bring any sound to a Beam - probably the wrong codec or something. The search function on this forum is useless, so maybe you could try using Google.