Answered

Using Sonos One as a speaker for Chromecast

• 5 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello,

sorry, not sure i put this in the correct sub forum…

I’m new to the Sonos ecosystem.

I just bought a Beam 2 for the TV and also a One and One SL … these last 2 I plan to use them in my bedroom.

The thing is I have a computer monitor in which i plugged a Google Chromecast in order to cast TV channels , Netflix, Prime video from my phone or ipad. that’s great it’s like having a TV in the bedroom and since i bought the 2 One and One SL, i would like to use these for the sound.

At the moment i only have the One SL … the second one and the beam 2 were bot in stock anymore at the shop so i tried to connect the One SL to the chromecast in my bedrrom.

I installed the application, “configured it”, tested the radios, the music for my phone...it’s great ! so back to my bedroom, I open the Google Home app, find the device add it to the room and … when i want to add it to a speaker group (since Chromecast works with a speaker group only… ) I can’t add the One SL to the group …!!

Is there a way, i can add the One SL as a speaker for Chromecast when streaming Netflix or Prime video ? and since i couldnt test yet with the other one…. Will the Sonos One with Google Assistant do it  ?

Thanks a lot for your help and your time

icon

Best answer by ratty 5 February 2022, 19:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Sonos doesn’t support Chromecast. 

Hello,

thanks for your answer.

hmm… that’s not good… the seller told me this will work that’s why i also bought the One and One SL.

so i will have to return them.