Skip to main content
I admit, i am addicted and have about 20 units of SONOS. But, my network router cannot work upstairs with 100%. So, is it possible to use one speaker as mesh-network to extend the wifi signal? What i mean, instead of connecting with RJ45 to play - use the RJ45 to extract wifi? If not, what a great feature to provide SONOS users!!!
You could certainly hook a WiFi extender or access point up to Sonos, however SonosNet is not designed for various high-bandwidth applications. It's designed to stream music/audio, which typically doesn't exceed 1-2 Mbps max per audio stream. So things like app downloads, video streaming, and the like can certainly cause performance issues to your Sonos system if you do this.

Alternately, if you use Android devices, there's an advanced setting that allows your Android device to connect directly to SonosNet. This needs to be done per-device, so if you have two Android phones and an Android tablet, you'd need to enable that setting on each device for it to be able to connect. Again, don't expect blazing fast speed, and don't be surprised if Sonos performance is reduced if you do high-bandwidth things from your devices.