Skip to main content

I have office space in a serviced building. I have no access or ability to change anything about the network / WiFi access.

My 2 Era 100s suddenly stopped working after been fine for 3 months. The building’s IT staff say Sonos BDUP traffic triggers security on the network and is shut out and so cannot connect and are invisible to Sonos app.

Is there ANYTHING I can do? Currently looking at switching to another platform.

Have you considered a travel router and set up your own wifi?

Have you considered a travel router and set up your own wifi?

Their one solution was use our own router but the WiFi is already flakey and feels like it’s a bodge.

Can’t you just Bluetooth to the Eras?

Can’t you just Bluetooth to the Eras?

This isn’t really a solution. I need the Eras to have network access for many reasons, the main one being playback not tethered to a single device.

Unless you can work more effectively with the IT folks, no. You’re basically trying to use a whole home’ system in a corporate network environment.

You may get more help from the Sonos Business folks, you can read more about that here, but the vast majority of this forum are home users. 

Unless you can work more effectively with the IT folks, no. You’re basically trying to use a whole home’ system in a corporate network environment.

You may get more help from the Sonos Business folks, you can read more about that here, but the vast majority of this forum are home users. 

Appreciate this but find it wild that Sonos can’t find a way to make this work given the market for audio in office spaces. Don’t think I’ve worked in a space that didn’t have Sonos.

My BlueSound kit works perfectly there so I guess it’s goodbye Sonos.

I am curious as to what Sonos Support said when you called in with your question, since the community doesn’t appear to have an easy answer for you?

I am curious as to what Sonos Support said when you called in with your question, since the community doesn’t appear to have an easy answer for you?

They basically gave me some fairly standard things to adjust on the network settings despite me saying I can’t change anything on the network.

Pretty pointless TBH.