Question

Using 3 subs in 1 room with new sonos amp(s)

• 30 November 2019
  • 4 replies

I am trying to setup 2 Sonos subs in 1 room already setup up as 5 to 1. The 3rd sub will connect to a “Butt Kicker” amp that usually connects to a preamps sub out. Is there some way of using the new Sonos amp(s) to accomplish this? The system consists of playbar, 2 Sonos 1’s, 2 x Sonos subs and 1 Sonos amp (just bought it). I only want the playbar to connect directly to the tv.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

The Sonos sub will only bond wireless to a Sonos amplified speaker or Sonos Amp or legacy Sonos Connect: Amp.

I apologize if I am not using the right terminology or being very clear in what I am trying to do. I want a 5 to 1 surround system with 3 subs. The Playbar connects directly to my tv. Can I use multiple amps (the new amps) and bond the playbar wirelessly to them. I would then connect the subs and surrounds to the amps. They can be wired. 

Only a single SUB can be bonded per “room” in the Sonos software. 

I apologize if I am not using the right terminology or being very clear in what I am trying to do. I want a 5 to 1 surround system with 3 subs. The Playbar connects directly to my tv. Can I use multiple amps (the new amps) and bond the playbar wirelessly to them. I would then connect the subs and surrounds to the amps. They can be wired. 

Can’t be done.  Only one Sub per Sonos room.