Question

Update from ancient 3.6 - too late to do from Sonos client

• 8 July 2017
  • 5 replies

I cannot be near the system during the limited support hours. They supposedly flagged my account for 5.X.
But isn't there a file based update I can apply?

Always tries to update and then yields Error Code: 11

Serial Number: 00-0E-58-27-A2-7C:5
Version: 3.6 (build 16548010a)
Hardware Version: 1.1.16.4-1
IP Address: 192.168.0.111
WM: 0
r8: 16.0-7

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
They will have to manually perform via phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It will have to be done manually via rep in phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I cannot be near the system during the limited support hours. They supposedly flagged my account for 5.X.
But isn't there a file based update I can apply?

Always tries to update and then yields Error Code: 11

Serial Number: 00-0E-58-27-A2-7C:5
Version: 3.6 (build 16548010a)
Hardware Version: 1.1.16.4-1
IP Address: 192.168.0.111
WM: 0
r8: 16.0-7

As Chris says you should contact them by phone. I don't what your comment "supposedly flagged......" means. Presumably you phoned support - If you've followed their instructions to the letter and you still cannot update you'll need to phone them up whilst you are with your system.
thanks - they set a flag in their DB so that when it connects it receives an earlier version as the most current update. Too bad phone is the only option as it is over an hour each time I tried and had to give up. Makes a good paperweight 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
thanks - they set a flag in their DB so that when it connects it receives an earlier version as the most current update. Too bad phone is the only option as it is over an hour each time I tried and had to give up. Makes a good paperweight :)

Sonos are actively trying to use Social Media more. So I'd suggest reaching them via Twitter or Facebook. If that fails I thought they offered a call back service.

Also, it is hardly Sonos' fault that you have a unit with extremely old software and seem to think that because support may take an hour to connect you have to give up and use the unit as a paperweight. (Put the phone on speaker mode and go make a cup of tea, pet the cat, kick the kids, paint the ceiling).