Skip to main content

Hi Sonos Community,

I am facing a persistent issue with my Sonos Amp and could really use your help.

Device Details:

• Model: Sonos Amp
  • Connection Method: Initially connected via Ethernet

Issue Description:

I recently changed my network provider and am trying to connect my Sonos Amp to the home Wi-Fi network. Despite following all the recommended steps, I am unable to update the network settings via the Sonos app. Here’s a detailed breakdown of what I’ve tried so far:

1. App and Device Status:

• The Sonos app is up-to-date.
    • The Sonos Amp is connected to power and initially connected via Ethernet.
  2. Steps Taken:

• Connected the Amp to the router using an Ethernet cable.
    • Accessed the Sonos app, went to Settings > System > Network, and attempted Wireless Setup.
    • The the app fails to find the device, even though it can otherwise communicate with the Amp (can turn lights on and off).

1. Troubleshooting Attempts:

• Restarted the Sonos Amp, router, and mobile device multiple times.
    • Performed a factory reset on the Sonos Amp.

Despite these efforts, the Sonos Amp still fails to connect to the Wi-Fi network and gives an error when attempting to update the network settings.

You haven’t suggested what the error says, so it’s hard to tell. It seems like you’ve done all the things I would normally recommend , save a reboot of maybe the router. I wouldn’t normally recommend a reset of the Amp, though, that normally erases any data that might help Sonos help you. 

At this point, I’d still suggest you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Hi we just moved house and have installed Starlink.

I can't get my Play 1 to connect. 

Any advice appreciated please