"Unable to connect to Sonos player" error message

• 6 August 2017
  • 7 replies

I have three Play 1 speakers and one Play 5 speaker in my system. I have had no communication problems in the past with all 4 of them. Today, I cannot connect to one of my Play 1 speakers through my app on my iPhone. When I try to play music through it the error message "Unable to connect to Sonos player" appears. I CAN play music through my PC on this speaker. I have tried unplugging the speaker to reset the connection without success. Can someone guide me in the direction to fix this connection? I am on a Bridge connection, which I have also reset without success.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

We're having the same problem here, and it's very frustrating. I'm thinking that maybe we need to take the bridge out of the equation and reset as a new system without it. Thoughts? We've tried everything else it seems..
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hello RPRice and Bft, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos community. We'd like to begin by getting a closer look at your Sonos system by gathering a diagnostic. To do so, follow the steps here and reply back with the number: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142
Seriously??? It's been a month. We fixed the issue ourselves by removing the bridge.
Please, I am facing the same problem: "unable to connect Sonos player". I´ve submitted suppert diagnostics as #8347247. Please, can somebody help?
Grazif- do you have the old set up which requires a bridge? If so, simply remove the bridge and start your set up over without it.
I have no bridge, just a booster, which loses connection every now and then. Strange...
been having he same problem with my Sonos ones, support have been next to useless trying to run me in circles! Only way I have got around it is to use a LAN connection from one of my Wi-Fi booster modules directly to one of the Sonos Ones, not a perfect solution for a wireless speaker. I still await support for a wireless solution