Trueplay conversation

• 22 January 2021
  • 2 replies

First of all let me say that a great job has been done by Sonos engineers in software development and must be recognized. However, as mentioned by Sonos itself, the use of different IOs devices for sound optimization does not always work correctly. For this reason, no Android device can be used.

As you know, the ipad devices can be used with external microphones such as the UMIK-1 for frequency response analysis.

https://www.minidsp.com/applications/acoustic-measurements/using-the-umik-1-with-audiotools-on-ipad

What about to develop the Trueplay application on IPad with UMIK-1 as quality microphone?

I recognize that such software development cannot be considered a priority, but for installers and audiophiles it could be a powerful tool.

Apologise me for the bad english.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I doubt that the general public would understand or appreciate such a feature. Various Geeks, of course, would love it.

An alternative might be to provide a box that dealers could use to calibrate microphones on Android and iDevices. However, I’m not certain if dealers or the general public would enjoy this approach either. But, it does have advantages. Android users get access to Trueplay and the dealers drag potential customers into the store.

Hi Buzz

You are perfectly right.

in my personal point of view, for people who spend more than 2500$ for a complete Sonos home theater system, and are able to manage the room equalization, image the great improvement they could have, if, in the Sonos arc configuration menu you are able to insert the EQ parameters as gain and Q according with the available filter.