Question

Sony turntable connect to sonos

• 13 December 2017
  • 3 replies

I have a Sony ps-lx300usb. It has an internal preamp and is switched to "line". I have the turntable connected to the sonos connect amp with a y cable to play through my Sonos play 5. Yesterday, everything worked. I had some very old speakers that I also had hard wired to the connect-amp but disconnected them because they didn't sound very nice and only wanted to hear the music through the play-5 speaker. When I went to play the album today, I can't get any sound to come out of the play5 speaker. I've double checked all the connections, they are all secure and power is on. Please help. I don't understand how disconnecting the old hard wired speakers could have impacted the ability of the play5 speaker.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Gina08. Thanks for posting to the Community. If everything is plugged in and set properly, you may want to test the line out coming from the Sony record player. Do you have anything else you can test this with? If not try another audio source and plug that into the PLAY:5 Line-In. This will test the PLAY:5 side of the equation. Let us know what happens.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Check that you have Line In selected as the input source for the PLAY:5.
I don't understand how disconnecting the old hard wired speakers could have impacted the ability of the play5 speaker.
Just confirming that this has nothing to do with the issue being faced and is one of those coincidences that make troubleshooting interesting.
You don't need the Y cable - once the TT is wire connected to the line in of any Sonos unit, other Sonos units will be delivered the signals wirelessly, even if the unit to which the TT is wire connected is left silent. Something to remember once the system starts working again.