Answered

Sonos Soundbar and speaker Integration with Control 4 Touch panel & App

• 26 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

We are working on a case where the following in a requirement.
1. Soundbar for Living  & 3 Bedrooms 
2. Portable speakers in Dining and Den area   

The Customer Requirement  

1. Streaming content ( audio) from Spotify to each zone ( rooms ) separately
2. All zones combined 
3. All controls (volume, source selection from control 4 touch screen ) streaming platform remain Spotify. 

Please help me on this with the best solution. 

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 27 June 2023, 15:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Jasvans,

To answer your requirements in order:

1. You can stream from a single Spotify account to a single speaker, a group of speakers, or your whole Sonos system. However, you can’t play one song on one speaker and a different song on a different speaker with the same Spotify account. This is because Spotify has a one stream limit. This is set by Spotify and the only way around this would be to use multiple Spotify accounts or a family plan.
  2. This is part of Sonos architecture called Grouping and doesn’t require any additional setup.
  3. I’m not exactly sure what you mean by this, but I assume you only want Sonos to use Spotify and no other service. This should be simple as you just don’t add any other music services to Sonos and only add Spotify.

If you mean something else with your last requirement, please let me know so I can better assist you.

I hope this information helps!