Sonos Roam on wifi no interent

• 14 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Do I need internet to pair together two sonos roams?  Can I use my wifi hotspot without internet if my ipad and two sonos roams are on the same network?  I would play music that is downloaded to the ipad.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi.  If you mean downloaded in the sense of ‘offline content’ rather than purchased outright, then yes, you need internet.  DRM restrictions imposed by music service providers generally only allow ‘offline content’ to be played on the device on which it is stored, nit third party systems like Sonos.  That is certainly true of Apple Music.  When you play offline content from Apple Music on Sonos, the music is actually being fetched from the internet.  So no internet connection = no go.

Further thought… You should be able to play offline content to a Roam using Bluetooth, but I don’t think you can play to a pair of Roams usng Bluetooth.