Answered

Sonos Ray and LG remote

• 6 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi fellow SonosLover!

I might need some help here, I just purchased a sonos ray and connected it to a LG OLED55CX6LA.

I’m struggling to make my remote works with the sonos, it is not recognized and no error message are displayed.

I followed another post to add the soundbar by searching for Sonos in the manufacturer, everything is setup as expected but then the Ray isn’t responding to the remote…

Any tips? (Should i update the ray to a specific software version?)

thanks !!

icon

Best answer by Longyloo 7 July 2022, 00:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The Ray has an IR receiver, and not an ARC connection, so you’d probably have to follow the instructions for the smart remote here.

Hi, 

Indeed, that’s what i did, the setup went well but the Ray still isn’t responding to the remote…

I followed the instructions from the link, then from the sonos application i tried to make my bar recognized the volume Up button but nothing happen.

Hi, 

Indeed, that’s what i did, the setup went well but the Ray still isn’t responding to the remote…

I followed the instructions from the link, then from the sonos application i tried to make my bar recognized the volume Up button but nothing happen.

Does the volume-down button work with the remote? - if so, then try playing some audio out from the speaker and then try the volume-up button, as the volume-up button is designed to be ignored when the speaker is silent, just so that you don’t accidentally sit on the remote, whilst the speaker is silent, and then get ‘blasted’ when you switch on the TV, or play music etc. 

Thanks Ken,

You put me on the good path solving this issue.

Seems like it’s working fine now and that i can fully enjoy the Ray :)

For the record : there is a « LG Sound Sync » in the advanced sound setup that was preventing the remote from working correctly.

The remote was completely setup but this option activated/deactivated randomly, had to turn it off completely to fix the issue.

Thanks for all your quick support, have a good night!!