Answered

Sonos One SL - adjusting the sound

• 14 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Hi

Have my first Sonos One SL. No instruction manual came with it as bought second-hand.

1. I would like to add stations to Sonos Radio. However, I can’t see a search facility to find and add. Is this feature only available for upgraded users?
  2. How can sound be adjusted? Bass, treble, etc.
  3. Where can I find a manual?

Cheers.

icon

Best answer by dwizzlex 14 December 2020, 13:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

There is no comprehensive printed manual.

Go to https://support.sonos.com and search for topics. Here is a method to add Internet Radio stations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

In the app on your phone, go to Settings, System and select the room. Scroll down (it’s not obvious there’s more than 1screenfull off stuff as there’s no scroll bar) and you’ll find an equaliser under the Sound menu. 

Badge +2

Hi

I did find an article about this, which you have repeated in a simpler fashion. Thanks for that.

I’m going to give it a go tonight.

It seems that I can only use the app when the speaker is switched on. Is this normal?

D

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The speaker should be “always on” - there is no power switch (it goes into a low-power standby state if not in use for a short while). That way it doesn’t have to restart every time you want to use it, and in a larger config helps with SonosNet stability. 

Badge +2

Ahh OK. I wondered about that. So when left on, after a few minutes it go into a ‘hibernation’ mode as such? I was worried leaving it on - I need more patience. So when I play some music from my phone, in theory the speaker powers up immediately (if paired up)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Others on here have far more knowledge than I, but fundamentally, yes. Fire up the Sonos app (or iTunes if you want to Airplay to the One) and it looks for speakers on the network. Or select your streaming station, or (when you’ve set it up) your music library/NAS, etc.

Badge +2

I’m using Spotify.

I have the Spotify app (which I’m used to using) and Spotify in the Sonos App, which is a little confusing. Not sure which one I should be using.

If I was to switch off the speaker, would it then have to pair up again with my phone, making it slower and less simple?

Sorry., I know jack about phones and apps, etc.

Moderator edit: language