Answered

Sonos One and Boost

• 28 January 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi there,

I have a Play 3,5 and Sub. And I just got sonos one for Christmas and have had everything in standard mode.

Question is this, because the new One has an Ethernet port at the back, can I use as the facilitator in a boost configuration? I was under the impression I could, but I’m struggling a bit getting it there.

Thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by Kumar 28 January 2018, 02:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Yes, you can, by wiring any one of your four Sonos units, including the One, to the router by ethernet cable. This has always been the case; the Boost is needed only if it is not physically convenient to wire even any one unit to the router. Sonos probably has caused some confusion by calling any such wired set up a boost configuration.
Thanks Kumar! I had it in Boost after all. How I confirmed it was by deleting my home wireless settings from sonos! It was easy to do, just the “confirmation” could be better.🆒
I don't know what that deletion involves or means or if it is a good idea to do so:-). The way to know the mode is via the Controller, in "about my sonos system". There, for each unit, the status for WM should be 0 if it is in Boost mode.
All good. Found it on a sonos support page/troubleshooting.🆒