Answered

Sonos MiniSub and Play5’s Gen1

• 9 October 2022
  • 7 replies

I have 2 Play5 gen 1 installed as a stereo pair and they work fine using S1 app.

I’d like to add a sub to beef up the bass. Would the new Mini Sub work with the gen1 Play5’s?

The regular Sub looks a bit OTT but you can pick them up reasonably if that’s my only choice. I’d like the mini sub to help with upgrading the play 5’s if they fail and it also looks less intrusive in a smaller den. 

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 9 October 2022, 17:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

No, the Sub Mini will not work on S1

Sonos system compatibility

Thanks for responding. That’s a real shame. So I’m left with the only choice of buying an older legacy Sub on eBay? 

Userlevel 7

Thanks for responding. That’s a real shame. So I’m left with the only choice of buying an older legacy Sub on eBay? 

You could keep an eye on the Certified Refurbished section of Sonos for a Sub (gen2)

There’s very little difference between the older subs and the current Sub Gen 3. I have 3 of the older subs in my S2 system still going strong.

Thanks, I’ll do that, I didn’t know it existed! 

My TV system is playbar with ones as rear and a sub. It’s best money I’ve ever spent!  I run this on S2 with a Roam in the kitchen on Alexa. I’ve looked at the refurbished area, a good tips thanks.

Userlevel 7

I’ve purchased a couple of Ones from the refurbished store. Other than one of them arriving in a Play:1 box, you would never know they were refurbished. They were also cheaper than brand new One SLs and with the introduction of Sonos Voice Control, the addition of a couple of speakers with mics has come in handy.

I’d like the mini sub to help with upgrading the play 5’s if they fail 

Without a compatible Sonos speaker to bond itself to, no Sub will deliver any sound, so the quoted is a non starter. The suggested refurbished routes are a better way to go.