Answered

Sonos Line-In Adapter

• 6 December 2023
  • 5 replies

I bought thr Sonos ERA 100 speakers and want to play them along with my other speakers which are connected to a ONKYO TXRZ720 (not sonos compatible) receiver.  

How do I connect the sonos to my receiver so I can listen to all my speakers or is this not possible.  If not would a sonos port work and how would it be setup with my onkyo receiver?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 6 December 2023, 20:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If the receiver has an output you could connect that to the Sonos adaptor. As with all analogue inputs on Sonos you’d have 75ms delay on the Sonos speakers though.

Userlevel 7

You could connect a Port to one of the AUDIO IN ports on the ONKYO. Then group the Era 100s with the Port.

However, any analog inputs to the Sonos system will always incur a 75ms minimum delay. This is so the Sonos system can buffer the signal to play across multiple connected rooms. It can not be reduced. 

Thanks everyone.  I see that it isn’t possible advisable with this receiver.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The receiver has a Zone 2 output though, hasn’t it? Can you tell us what your use case is?