Sonos, let me have >2 speakers in one room

• 29 November 2018
  • 1 reply

I have a large Kitchen/Cafe area in my house that's really all one room. I have three Sonos One's spread throughout that long area. Forcing me to create a "Kitchen" with a stereo pair and a "Kitchen 2" with the third (middle) speaker is ridiculous. I never want to play 1 or 2 of them without playing all 3. They're all one room. Grouping is great when you're talking about different areas, but it is a poor substitute for recognizing that people might want/need more than just two speakers in a room. My last house was just as bad, as it had a massive "great room" that included kitchen, cafe, living, and dining areas into one large room. Only the bedrooms and bathrooms were their own separate walled areas. Again, if I'm going to play speakers in a room I'd rather just assign them all to the same room and have them always play together.

Why is this so hard to understand? Doesn't Sonos WANT to sell more than two speakers per room, if the customer's rooms are that large? Or do they prefer to not have that business? This isn't a hard thing for them to do, it was merely a bad software design choice. Time for it to be fixed.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The pair makes them right/left stereo.

Actually in your situation none should be paired and all 3 should be grouped.

What is wrong with grouping them - that is the way it works in Sonos.

If you want a way to group them automatically by voice etc. check out www.speakerscenes.com It allows you to setup the group where it can be grouped back any time by voice etc.