Question

Sonos in a caravan

• 20 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi, just wanted to ask a question on here from all you people in the know? I have recently brought 2 Sonos Play One's (to use in stereo) and want to take them to the caravan that I have. But the real question is that I have an iPhone that I can use data from and also a router in the van too, but the router has no internet. Is there anyway I can use something like tunein or spotify to play on the speakers from my iphones data via the router? I have looked at Apples's Airplay express but not so sure that this will allow it as I cannot use the iPhone data and connect to a network at the same time. Im guessing that airplay needs a wifi network to play?

many thanks for any help and guidance

Simon

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Ministry

I know that Spotify has a free mobile service. If moving in your Caravan your problem is more likely to be maintaining a signal. Spotify will allow you to download your tracks (10K) if you have a premium subscription. You just have connect to the internet every 30 days to keep them. Tune-in may offer a similar options. You can then use your router to connect to your Sonos speakers and the Sonos app on your phone_all via Wi-Fi.

Cheers!
Thanks for the reply aj, it seems the only way is to get a 4g router and try that route. Been looking for ages to find a way to tether to a router but doesn’t seem all that possible so will try another route.

Simon