Sonos Beam not working with LG OLED eARC

• 4 October 2022
  • 2 replies

My Sonos Beam started sputtering, then stopped working with my LG Oled altogether. I tried resetting the LG and the Sonos Beam several times. I called tech support for Sonos, then LG, then Sonos again.  Third time’s the charm. 

What we discovered, through the process of elimination, the problem was the Fire TV Cube. Not cutting it off after use led to a short circuit the whole eARC function. We disconnected the Fire TV Cube, then did a hard reset. We also did a hard reset on the LG and the Sonos, then everything worked perfectly.  For audio, on the Cube, I now use “Best sound Available” and not, “Dolby.”  My Sonos gives me Dolby for the Cube and everything is working properly.

If your eARC goes out. Try resetting your Fire TV or Apple, then reset Sonos and TV. Everything should work.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Reset or reboot?

@bordersiii,
One possible further piece of (hopefully) helpful information, on some models of LG TV’s, If you press the mute button on the TV’s magic remote ‘three times’ in quick succession, you might have a feature that pops up called ‘A/V reset’ - if so, that would likely have fixed your issue too and perhaps saved having to reset everything. When A/V reset is complete, you then just setup the TV’s connected devices again.