Answered

Sonos Beam Gen 2 PC Windows audio settings? (connected via eARC w/ LG C2)

• 10 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I just purchased this soundbar and I connected it to my LG C2 42” that I use as a “monitor” for my PC for gaming. Audio is working fine however I’m curious is there an optimal setting in windows I should be using when I go through the Sound Setting Configuration wizard? I can select either Stereo or Dolby Atmos for home theater. 

Does any configurations there create latency issues?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 10 August 2022, 03:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Neither should create any latency, from the perspective of the Sonos’ connection to the LG.  If there would be any difference, it would be in the PC. 

Sonos has zero idea about what is feeding the signal to the TV, all it knows is what it is receiving. It does tell the TV, via CEC, what kind of device it is, and what formats it can deal with, but it is up to the computer in the TV set to deal with that, and pass it to any other devices. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks. There was a very noticeable delay when using “Dolby Atmos for home theater” mode on Windows 10. However I did find a fix that resolved this. For audio output i had to put my TV (LG C2) in passthrough mode and restart PC/TV. No more latency issues. 

I had one other issue I wanted to resolve too. When watching something like Youtube and then pausing the video for a short time it would put the SB into sleep mode and when I pressed play again it would play with no audio for a good 1 or 2 seconds. I found an app called Sound Keeper that stops SB from going to sleep. Works perfect. 

I wanted to mention this incase anyone else runs into this issue.