Sonos at university halls

• 5 April 2018
  • 1 reply

I have a Sonos One device and have had it for about three months. I live in university accommodation which doesn't allow me to connect my Sonos to their network due to it having a login portal. I worked my way around this when I got the product by purchasing a Tripmate Nano TM02 and this was working fine. I then went home and set up the Sonos again there as I couldn't live without it and setting it up there was fine as it was just a regular network. However upon my return to university I can't seem to figure out how I managed to connect the Sonos to the Tripmate in the first place as the setup procedure seems to require me plugging the Sonos into my network (the Tripmate) and as far as I know I can't set up the Tripmate to convert a wireless network into a wired one; the way I was using it before was to create its own wireless network from the university-provided one and then the Tripmate acted as a gateway to the network as I only had to sign into the portal once through my laptop which then allowed all devices connected to the Tripmate to skip the portal login process. Could anybody help me with the setup please? I've tried looking at the user guide and can't seem to figure out how to achieve what I want to. It is worth noting that I have checked that the Tripmate is still working as I've just accessed the internet through it on my phone and laptop.

Thanks in advance,
Craig

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hi there, craigcousins65. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. If you factory reset the units, they can be set up without the need of having to be physically plugged into the network. Keep in mind, you will lose all save music account credentials and Sonos playlists associated with the player. This means you will have to sign back into your music service accounts.

Best of luck!