Answered

Sonos ARC Demo/Test Pattern

• 24 December 2020
  • 4 replies

I’ve done a fair amount of research on this with no luck. I am looking for a DD+ or Dolby TrueHD test pattern that I can run through my ARC/Sub/ONE SL’s home theatre setup so I can review and possibly tweak some of the directional and volume levels of my setup. The TruePlay setup works fine but I would like to have more control over my environment.

For instance, I would love to be able to send a white noise signal to just the Atmos speakers in the ARC so that I can determine the sweet spot for my room configuration. Another use would be to send a 20-40hz signal just to the Sub so that I can move it around and determine the best location. These features are available on dedicated A/V receivers but unfortunately not through the Sonos environment.

Either way, if someone could help me in finding an audio test track that can send signals to each speaker that would be fantastic. Even better, maybe Sonos could look into providing a canned test pattern as part of their app so that a client can pick and choose which speaker to send a sweep or test pattern to.

Thoughts?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 24 December 2020, 21:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

What model TV do you have? Is it equipped with HDMI eARC? Do you have a Blu-ray player?

The TV is a Sony XBR-A8G (Canada) with HDMI ARC (no eARC). I am looking at Blu-Ray players and will either purchase one or look at ripping my discs to a M2TS file and play directly through my Nvidia Shield Pro. I am also looking at purchasing the HDFury Arcana to support the splitting of audio off to the Arc.

Thanks GuitarSuperstar, the file was exactly what I was looking for. I would still like to see Sonos include a test pattern as part of the manual setup process. Never sure what Trueplay is doing but it does sound good.