Answered

Sonos Arc as center speaker in Polk surround sound

• 8 April 2022
  • 2 replies

I just moved into a house already equipped with a Yamaha RX-A2070 AV receiver & MusicCast, four built-in Polk speakers (L&R, front & rear), a Polk soundbar/center speaker, and a Definitive Technology subwoofer.  the TV is an LG OLED CX.  I already owned a Sonos Arc and think its sound quality is superior to the Polk center speaker, and so I would like to replace the Polk with the Arc but don’t know how.  The Polk is connected to the Yamaha via speaker wire.  Is it possible to do what I’m planning or does it just not make sense to use the Arc this way?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 8 April 2022, 23:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

You cannot use the Arc as the center channel speaker in your current setup. The Arc is designed to be used on its own, directly connected to the TV, without any AV receivers or separate front channel speakers. You could use the two rear Polk surround speakers with the Arc, but you would need to get a Sonos Amp to power those speakers. If you want to add a subwoofer to this setup, you have to use a Sonos Sub.

Thanks for this clear explanation.  I suspected that was the case.