Answered

Sonos App shows either one device or the other, but never all together. Changes after restart.

• 13 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello.

I own:

1x One. In room a.

1x Arc in room b

2x Era 100 in room c as stereo couple.

When I open the Sonos App in my iphone I see either room a and b, but not room c.
When I “kill” the App in the iphone and open it again, it shows me only room c, but not room a and b.

When I “kill” the App again and open it again, it shows again room and b only.

This means I can switch what I see every time I kill and restart the App. But I never see all rooms with all devices at once.

Any idea?

What I really want to do is to add the 2x Eras and the Arc in one room, but this is not possible due to the problem. I never see them together. I also don´t see them together when I put them in the same room on the app.

Additional info:

All rooms can be seen at the same time by my Apple Macbook. Also, all devices are visble at the Alexa App.

As Access Point and Router I use a Unify Dream Router. I already rebooted this router while the Sonos devices where unplugged and re-plugged them one after the other.

Also, the router shows all devices with their IP adresses. Everything looks normal to me.

Also, I changes some WLAN/WiFi settings in the Unify App like band steering and multicast. All without success.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by jgatie 13 August 2023, 20:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Are you using any Ubiquiti mesh points or a Ubiquiti network switch? Are any of your SONOS players wired to the network?

You set up 2 separate systems.   Factory reset the devices in room C, then add them to the other system.  If you can't get the controller to switch to the other system, reset the controller, open it up and choose to connect to an existing system. 

You set up 2 separate systems.   Factory reset the devices in room C, then add them to the other system.  If you can't get the controller to switch to the other system, reset the controller, open it up and choose to connect to an existing system. 

Thank you! Great answer! I did what you wrote. Now, the 2x Eras 100 and the Arc is in one room and the app asked already to set them up as surround sound, which worked, too.

The only minor issues I do have, now: The Sonos app shows all three devices in room b as I wrote. But the Apple Airplay shows three separate rooms, now: room b, room b2, and room b3. And for sure room a with the ONE. For example in the spotify app → Airplay.

Is this a problem or just ignore?

Thanks!