Sonos and T-Mobile Home Internet Solution

• 11 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I have had issues with my Sonos devices losing connection to my T-Mobile Home Internet service.  It went on for months while I searched for an answer.  The problem now seems resolfved.  

T-Mobile gave me an Arcadyan KV21 gateway.  Speeds were never an issue.  I accumulated 1 ARC, 2 Beams, 2 Amps and a sub woofer.  I could play music from a service maybe 10 minutes before the connection issues came up.  Sonos answer was that their products are not compatible with LTE routers or services so I shouldnt expect it to work.  

I went back to T-Mobile and had them replace my Arcadyan gateway with a Sagemcom.  I hooked it up and my Sonos equipment connected and stayed connected.  Problem solved or so I thought.  

Then came the Prime Video streaming service issues, it just would not work.  Then, another device in my home refused to connect.  But Sonos still worked.

I had read that an eero mesh wifi system hooked to the T-Mobile gateway might help and finally all my devices seem to work.  Cost me another $250 for the eero devices but I seem whole now.

Hope this helps someone avoid the issues I had.  T-Mobiles service is fast so its worth looking into.  And ony $50 month.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @gene-mo

Thank you for sharing and I’m glad you’ve got it sorted in the end.

I’m sure someone will find this helpful.

Thanks.  It seems you might work for Sonos by your name.  Frankly, I was more than a bit disappointed in Sonos support as all they would offer is that the T-Mobile solution is not supported.  I would have expected a bit more help trying to get my issue solved given i had thousands of $$ tied up in your gear.