Software enhancement - Naming rooms

• 22 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge
Suggested software/application enhancement when initially setting up the Sonos system, I think it would be helpful if there were options to "name" the rooms individuals have speakers. For example, I have surround sound set up in our family room, one five speaker in the basement and another five speaker in the loft upstairs, however when I set up those speakers my options were very limited on the "names" of those rooms... I chose the "garage" for the basement and the "lounge" for the loft and "den" for the family room... We often get comfy as to whether the family room is the "den" or the "lounge". Is anyone else having this issue?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You can already create your own room names. Just edit the room name in the controller.
Yep. Settings, Room Settings, select room then use the dropdown or free type. Call them Donald, Vladimir and Kim if you like.