setup 2nd system on wifi network

• 1 February 2023
  • 2 replies

I am unable to setup a second sonos system. I have followed all sonos instructions and reset app a million times. The app then asks for me to sign in to account. and then will go no further. Are there explicit instructions on how to do this? Sonos instructions are very vague and the app seems to have many bugs.I have a sonos one which I need to setup as a second system.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @unahppyowner, welcome to the Sonos Community!

We do have instructions on how to set up a new system, and specifically a guide on setting up a Sonos One. Your steps would be:

1. Reset the Sonos app.
  2. Open it and select Set up a new system.
  3. Sign into your existing Sonos account.
  4. Tap Add on your product in the Sonos app.
  5. Follow the instructions in the app to finish adding your product.

However, I’d like to know what’s happening after you sign into your account as you said it goes no further. Does the app hang or do you get an infinite loading wheel? Would you be able to take a picture of the screen the app is getting stuck on and posting it here? 

If you have the option of using another mobile device, I’d recommend installing the Sonos app on there and trying the setup with the different device to see if that resolves this issue.

I hope this information helps!

Hi, I cant take any pics, I returned the product to Crutchfield, where I bought it. I spent some time on the phone with Sonos support and to be honest your customer service/support people are awful. I called Crutchfield, the guy was very knowledgeable but after a lengthy period of time with him I told him forget it. He could not figure out why it would not work either. So, setting up a second system is not easy. The app greyed out several top lines once logged in after the reset. I tried on both iphone and ipad. I was trying to setup a second system so a different person in the same house could use it themselves with their own music and music apps. I would not recommend Sonos to anyone in the future.