Answered

Set up of Pro-Ject deck on Sonos

• 16 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi All , 

I got a project sb deck for Xmas , I want to set it up in the living room. In the room I have a Sonos bar , a sub and two Sonos ones. 

I do have the new generation  Sonos 5 in the kitchen but was really hoping to leave it in there. 
Is it possible to set up the deck in the living room without bringing the 5 in ?? mad you can imagine  I really don’t want to have the deck in the kitchen 

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 16 January 2021, 14:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

They make a 50 ft RCA to 3.5mm cable that you could run from the Five in your kitchen to the turntable. You could possibly even run the cable behind the wall. Or you could purchase a Sonos Port or used Connect (Gen 2) for your living room to connect the turntable.

Userlevel 7

Hi @Mark Sampson 

Get the Sonos Port. With all due respect to @GuitarSuperstar the Port IMO is a better investment than a Connect as it is a discontinued product (unless you find one dirt cheap which is a subjective decision). 

Make sure the TT is pre-amped...built-in or 3rd party accessory.

Thanks very much for both your replies. Is there any difference in Quailty of sound if I bought a port , connect or another Sonos 5. There doesn’t seem to be alot in the difference in price. 
which is the best value for money and why ? 
Thanks again for any help and advice offered 

Userlevel 7

There isn’t going to be much of a difference in audio quality. The best value would probably be adding another Five. Not only would you have an added speaker, but it gives you the option to pair your two Fives together as a stereo pair in the future. A stereo pair of Fives is probably the best music listening experience you can get from Sonos.

Userlevel 7

Hi @Mark Sampson 

As I said I wouldn’t invest in a Connect...but that’s JMO.

The Five vs the Port just give you a direct connection and eliminates the Port. The Five direct connection also negates any possibility of interference from other wirelessly products or near by Wi-Fi (neighbors). 
However, it’s not a major concern in most environments.