Answered

Scheduling Sonos daily

• 21 September 2017
  • 3 replies

Is there a way to schedule Sonos to turn on at a specified time each morning and turn off at a specified time each evening. I manage a small B&B and we try to have music playing around our pool area from 9am - 9pm Sonos allows me to set an alarm to turn the system on at a specified time, but does not allow me to set a time for the system to turn off.

If this is not something that Sonos is capable of, please make it a priority to add to the platform. It would certainly create a valuable enhancement.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

John
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 21 September 2017, 16:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Two thoughts on this. First, you should be able to create a 2nd alarm scheduled for 9 pm that either has volume set at 0 or is playing a source that has nothing, perhaps line in. I haven't used the alarm in a while so can't say for sure what sources are selected. Actually, now that I think about it, I would think you'd be able to select a playlist that just has one track in it, so that it will just end automatically. Heck, you should be able to record a message that says "It's 9 PM, the pool is now closed" and have that play.

The reason I don't use the alarm anymore is because I use my Lutron smarthub for the alarm functionality. I have the music and certain lights come one, and automatically turn off 2 hours later. I think you could do this sort of thing with smartthings too, and probably others. I can see where that might be good for your situation if you want to turn off or dim lights around the pool at closing time as well.
Thanks so much for your response. I had thought about using a smart hub and think that may be the way to go. Thanks again
I've been very happy with Lutron. I've never tried it, but they also provide 'pico' remotes that can be configure to do basic operations for control sonos like volume. I think pause and play as well.