Question

Samsung Q95E + ATV 4K + Sonos Arc/SL/SUB

• 16 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Hey guys, I moved from a custom sound setup to Sonos a few weeks ago and I’m starting to regret it. 

My Setup: 

75 inch Q95E (Latest/Best 4K Samsung TV - 2020) 

Sonos Arc+2SLs+Sub 3rd Gen (all 2020 versions) 

Apple TV 4K (2019) 

Cable Management

HDCPI 2.0 TV→ Apple TV ($50 cable) 

Sonos Default Cable → eARC Port

HDCPI 2.0 TV → Sony Playstation 4

Settings:

Samsung Software: 1302.4 (July 13th 2020)

Input CEC: tried turning it off and on for the ATV input source nothing changes

Lip Sync Sonos: I tried ALL settings +1/+5 nothing works 

Samsung Sound Delay: Tried from 0 - 250 no perfect sync.

Issues!

• eArc is OFF - When I enable it there is no sound from Sonos on movies, input sources, or default apps. I have the latest Samsung TV Update that came out 13th of July 2020 - With eArc OFF I do get sound but then I have no options for passthrough from the other input devices (ATV/PS4) that results to lip sync issues!! Every movie I watch on ATV or game I play on PS4 has a delay because the sound is being processed through the TV! If I switch to PCM the sound is horrible but there are no delays, so the only options I have is Auto (with lip sync delay) and PCM for ALL inputs!
  • If I try to play a movie from the default Samsung Apple TV App there is no ATMOS Support (kudos apple/samsung)
  • The default Netflix app on my Samsung is the ONLY service I can use with atmos and no lip sync issues. 
  • Gaming (PS4/XBOX) - same issue with ATV - The TV is processing the sound and there is always a delay!

And of course, I did call Sonos, they told me to call Samsung and vice versa, nothing works, no ETAs for updates, and both companies blame each other..

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

My opinion, based on the fact that the Sonos speaker system appears to be working on most other systems, is that this is a Samsung issue, perhaps specific to this set. I know there is another thread in the Home theater area (where this post probably belongs, too) aboyput issues with the Samsung Frame TV as well. If it were a Sonos issue, I suspect we’d be seeing thousands upon thousands of posts from users of every manufacturer’s TVs, not just Samsung. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Have you tried setting Apple TV to convert audio to Dolby Digital 5.1? This might stop the TV from processing the sound.

I have the same issue with EArc and a new Samsung 2020 75inch TV . EArc HDMI has to be switched off on TV sound menu before any sound on the sonos earc